Chef Daria Parish | Reinhart La Crosse
- 1/2 C Sweet Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 2 Eggs, Separated
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- TT Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1/3 C Whole Milk
- Prep 3" ring molds or parchment paper circles with vegetable oil. Oil a pan, place rings 2 inches apart and set stove to lowest heat setting possible.
- Whip egg whites to frothy, add a little bit lemon juice and 1 Tbsp sugar at a time to achieve stiff peaks. Set aside. Mix egg yolk, mayo, vanilla and sift pancake mix into liquid; combine.
- Take half of meringue (egg white mixture) and fold into batter until incorporated. Fold second half of meringue into batter.
- Spoon batter into molds, 2/3 way full. Sprinkle a good amount of water in pan and cover. Let steam, cook, until dome forms, flip over gently. Add more water drops and cover again, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stack three on plate.
- Syrup: 3:1 Maple syrup to soy sauce, add Chinese five spice, thickened with corn starch slurry and spoon around plate and drizzle lightly on pancake.
- Garnish to your liking. Suggested: julienne of crystallized ginger and liberal amount of basil crystals and almond breaded duck tenders.
No video selected.