Indian-style Fried Cauliflower
Chef Lou Rice | Reinhart division chef, Springfield, Mo.
- 2 tbsp yogurt, plain
- 1 tsp coriander seed, ground
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp ginger, ground powdered
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- ½ red pepper flakes
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 cup cashews
- ½ cup green onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Stir yogurt with all of the spices in a large bowl. Add cauliflower and cashews and toss to coat cauliflower evenly. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast cauliflower and cashews until they’re brown and crisp-tender. This should take about 15 minutes.
- To serve, top with green onion and serve with naan bread and raita* on the side. Find the sub-recipe for raita at rfsdelivers.com/recipes.