- 5 Tbsp Oil Salad Liquid Soybean Trans Fat Free, divided
- 1/4 C Onion Yellow Jumbo Bag Fresh, fine dice
- 2 oz Mushroom Slice Thin 1/8" Fresh
- 2 oz Sausage Chorizo Hot Bulk Frozen
- 2 Ea Egg Shell on White Large Grade Aa Loose Pack Refrigerated
- 2 Ea Tortilla Corn Yellow 6" Pressed Frying
- 1/8 oz Cheese Mexican Queso Fresco Block Refrigerated
- 1/2 Ea Avocado Halves Hass Fresh, 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 4 oz Plantain Sweet Ripe Sliced Individually Quick Frozen Costa Rica, 5-6 slices
- 1/8 oz Cilantro Wash and Trim Coriander Cello Fresh, picked and ripped
Refried Black Beans (1 serving)
- 1/4 C Oil Salad Liquid Soybean Trans Fat Free
- 3/4 C Onion Yellow Jumbo Bag Fresh
- 2 Ea Garlic Whole Peeled Reclosable Bag 100-130 Cnt/lb Fresh, minced
- 1/2 C Chilies Green Diced Mild Steam Peeled
- 1 /2 Tsp Pepper Cayenne Ground Red
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seed Ground
- 1 Tsp Salt Coarse Kosher
- 2 lb Bean Black Fancy Unseasoned, drained
Salsa Picante (1 serving)
- 1 C Tomato Round Red #2 Bulk Fresh, chopped
- 1/2 Ea Pepper Chili Jalapeno Fresh, seeded, chopped
- 2 Ea Garlic Whole Peeled Reclosable Bag 100-130Cnt/lb Fresh, cloves, minced
- 1/2 C water
- 1/4 Tsp Salt Coarse Kosher
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large sauté pan on medium high heat. Add the onions, garlic, and sliced mushrooms.
- Cook until onions are translucent, but not browned, and the mushrooms have given up some of their moisture, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the refried beans. Cook for another 3 or 4 minutes.
- Remove from pan into a bowl, set aside
- While onions and mushrooms are cooking, heat 1 Tbsp of olive oil in another, smaller sauté pan.
- Add the chorizo, breaking it up to crumble. Cook for about 5-6 minutes until cooked through and lightly browned. Remove from pan into a bowl and set aside.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a large sauté pan on medium high heat. Fry the plantains in the oil until golden brown.
- Flip to cook other side. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- In the same sauté pan with reserved oil, one at a time, cook the tortillas. Place a tortilla in the pan and cook until lightly browned and bubbles are forming in the tortilla.
- Flip over and cook until lightly browned on the other side too. Continue to cook until the tortilla is somewhat stiff.
- Heat a 1 Tbsp of oil in a non-stick pan. Cook the eggs sunny-side up.
- To assemble: Place half of the black bean mixture in the middle of a round plate. Top with one of the crisp tortillas. Place the other half of the black beans and then again with the crisp tortilla. Place the sunny-side up eggs on top of the stack. Drizzle with the salsa picante. Arrange the plantain around the outside. Finish by topping the eggs with the chorizo, queso fresco, fresh cilantro and sliced avocado.