Hickory-smoked Pork Tenderloin and Guacamole Canapes
Chef Jermaine Little, Category Manager, Milwaukee region
- 1 Legacy 72® by Eagle Ridge pork tenderloin
- 1 tbsp chipotle powder
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Culinary Secrets® garlic powder
- 1 tsp Culinary Secrets® paprika
- 1/2 tsp Culinary Secrets® cumin
- 1/4 tsp Culinary Secrets® cinnamon
- 3 Good Roots® Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 3 Good Roots® avocados
- 1 Good Roots® lime
- 1 Brickfire Bakery® French baguette, cut into 1” slices
- Fresh cilantro, garnish
- In a bowl, mix together chipotle powder, brown sugar, salt, garlic, paprika, cinnamon and cumin. Rub all over the pork tenderloin so that it is evenly coated. Set smoker to 275 F using hickory wood.
- Smoke pork until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 F, approximately two to two-and-a-half hours. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice tenderloin into medallions approximately one-fourth thick.
- Make guacamole by scooping flesh from the avocados into a medium size bowl. Squeeze in the lime juice. Mash with a fork or mashed potato masher until smooth and creamy.
- Assemble canapes by placing a slice of tomato and tenderloin on a baguette slice. Top with guacamole and garnish with a cilantro leaf.
No video selected.