Hibiscus Tea "Agua de Jamaica" (Margarita)
Chef Lee Sepaniac
- 1 cup dried Jamaican hibiscus
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup agave nectar
- 1 qt water
- ½ ea lime, juiced
- 1 Tbsp mint flavored crystals
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 4 oz hibiscus tea (from above)
- 2 oz tequila, blanco
- 1 ea lime segment
- 1 Tbsp lime sugar
- 1 Tbsp lime salt
- For tea: Boil water and add dried hibiscus to steep for 15 minutes. Strain and add lime agave nectar and lime juice. Once dissolved, add cold water. To finish, mix mint flavored crystals with sugar and rim glass; serve over ice.
- For Margarita: Prepare tea and reserve cold. Mix over ice with tequila and finish with mixture of lime salt and sugar.