Hearty Avocado and Black Bean Salad
This recipe can easily be prepared to satisfy vegetarians or meat lovers, and both will be attracted to the rich Latin flavor.
- 2 avocados
- 1 can black beans (15 oz), drained and rinsed
- 1 c tomato, diced
- 1 C jicama, peeled & cut into strips
- ⅓ C queso fresco or mild feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ c Good Roots® cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp Culinary Secrets® cumin
- ½ C red-wine salad dressing
- Prairie Creek® pork or chicken (12 oz), cooked, diced, optional
- 4 large Romaine lettuce leaves to line plates
- Dice one avocado and thinly slice the other.
- Combine avocado, beans, jicama, cheese, cilantro, cumin, 2 Tbsp of dressing, and meat (if desired).
- Line four plates with lettuce.
- Divide avocado mixture among plates.
- Top salad with remaining dressing.