Hawaiian Tuna Poke Bowl
- 2 cups sushi rice OR short grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
Poke with Avocado
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Culinary Secrets® Sesame Seed
- 1/2 teaspoon Culinary Secrets® Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 pound sushi grade ahi tuna, 1/4 in cubed
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 avocado, ripe and cubed
- Garnish with curled scallions and black and white sesame seeds
- Rinse sushi rice with water, until water runs clear. Combine water and seasoned vinegar in a pot over medium high heat, bring to a boil. Add the sushi rice; stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook 15 minutes. Once rice is cooked remove from heat and set aside.
Poke Bowl with Avocado
- Whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, sesame seeds and crushed red pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Add the cubed tuna and scallions, gently stir together to dress the tuna. Marinate for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pit and cube the avocado (the chunks should be similar size to the tuna). Add to the tuna, and gently mix together to distribute the avocado.
- To serve, scoop rice into bowls making a mound, top with mound of Tuna Poke, garnish with scallions and white and black sesame seeds.