Recipe by Chef Jeff Merry, Boston Division
A baked potato is a traditional steakhouse but adding ooey-gooey butter, crumbly bread crumbs, nutty parmesan cheese and smoky paprika takes this tater to a whole different level.
- 1 60 cnt Russet baking potato, rinsed, scrubbed and peeled
- 2 tsp fresh-grated Reggiano cheese
- 1 Tbsp fine bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp butter (melted)
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp minced fresh chive
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place the peeled potato on a cutting board and cut a narrow 1/4-inch slice from the bottom. Use a sharp knife and slice each potato crosswise, making 1/4-inch slice. Leave 1/4-inch of the bottom of the potato.
- Hold in cold water to prevent discoloring. Gently stretch the potato open while rinsing under cold running water. Using a paper towel, dry potato before baking. Place the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon melted butter and smoked paprika, in a food processor; process until blended.
- Brush prepared potatoes with 1 tablespoon melted butter and pack mixture on top of each potato.Place on sheet pan, cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake an additional 15 minutes until the skin is crispy and the potato is soft.
- To serve, drizzle with 1 tablespoon melted butter and chopped chive over the top.