Ham and Potato Croquettes
- 16 oz. shredded hash browns
- 1 cup liquid whole eggs, divided
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese, low-moisture
- 4 oz. Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 3.5 oz. Serrano ham, small-diced
- 4 1/2 tsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 2 Tbsp. + 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 6.25 oz. red bell peppers, roasted
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- kosher salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat deep fryer to 350° F.
- In medium bowl, combine hash browns, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, Serrano ham, parsley, 1/4 cup eggs and 2 Tbsp. flour. Mix well to combine.
- Cover with plastic film. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Place remaining 3/4 cup flour in medium bowl.
- Place remaining 3/4 cup eggs in another medium bowl.
- Place bread crumbs in a third medium bowl.
- Remove potato mixture from refrigerator. Scoop about 2 oz. of potato mixture; form into log about 2 1/2" long. Repeat with remaining potato mixture to make 14 croquettes.
- Thoroughly dredge each croquette in flour.
- Dip croquette in eggs. Coat thoroughly.
- Move to bread crumbs. Roll until fully covered. Transfer to parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Drop 3-4 croquettes into hot deep fryer. Cook about 2-3 minute, or until outside is golden brown and interior is hot. Repeat with remaining croquettes.
- Prepare red pepper coulis. Blend roasted red bell peppers and lemon juice until very smooth. Strain sauce through fine mesh sieve; season to taste with salt and black pepper. Reserve.
- Serve hot croquettes with red pepper coulis for dipping.