Guacamole & Blue Crabmeat Tostada Salad
Chef Demetrio “Chef D” Marquez, New Orleans Division
- 4 ea 6-inch corn tortillas
- 8 oz vegetable oil
- 2 ripe avocados halves
- ½ Roma tomato, diced
- 1/8 red onion, diced
- ½ fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro
- 8 oz lump blue crabmeat
- ½ tsp Creole mustard
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- ½ oz shredded lettuce
- ¼ oz Cotija cheese
- 4 oz red wine vinegar
- ½ oz marinated red onions (make recipe overnight)*
- Tostadas: In a medium–high sauce pan, add oil. Add one tortilla at a time, cook for one minute on each side. With tongs, take out and place on paper towels.
- *Marinated red onions: In a bowl, add slivered red onions, then add red wine vinegar, oregano and one ounce sliced garlic clove. Allow it to set overnight to marinate flavors and color.
- Guacamole: In a bowl, add avocados, tomatoes, diced red onions, garlic, juice of lime and ¼ bunch of cilantro. Then mix and chop with spoon for chunky consistency. Adjust with salt and pepper. Then set aside.
- Lump blue crabmeat salad: In a bowl, add mayonnaise, chipotle chile adobo; mix well. Then gently fold in lump blue crabmeat to evenly coat. Adjust with salt and pepper.
- Finale: With tostada, add 1 ½ of guacamole, then top with lettuce and blue crabmeat salad. Finish with cotija cheese and marinated red onions.
No video selected.