Grilled Lobster Salad with Mango, Avocado and Vanilla Honey Vinaigrette
- 4 ea HIDDEN BAY® Canadian Lobster Tails
- 2 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 Fresh Mango -diced
- 1 Fresh Avocado - diced
- 12 ea Thin slices fresh Jalapeño
- 2 Tbsp Diced Red Onion
- 4 oz Heritage Lettuce Mix
- 1 oz Fresh chives cut into half inch lengths
Honey Vanilla Vinaigrette
- 2 T Honey
- 2 T Rice Vinegar
- 1 T Lime Juice
- 5 T Vegetable Oil
- ½ Vanilla Bean - contents scraped out
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut the lobster shell with kitchen scissors on the bottom side of the tail and pull apart to expose the meat.
- Brush the lobster with cooling oil and grill in the shell on a char-broiler or similar device until cooked through.
- Allow the lobster to cool and then pull from the shell (keeping the shell intact) and cut into bite size pieces.
- Toss the lobster in a bowl with the diced mango, onion, jalapeño and avocado.
- Add in half of the honey vanilla vinaigrette.
- Place the lobster salad on a bed on top of the heritage mix and garnish with the fresh chives.
- For Honey Vanilla Vinaigrette, combine all ingredients and chill for service.
- Servings: 4
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: The Dish, Recipes
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Salad, Seafood