Grilled Littleneck Clam Caesar
with Radicchio & Romaine
Recipe by Chef Lee Sepaniac, Gourmet Food Group
A timeless steakhouse experience typically begins with a Caesar, but this dish changes things up by incorporating radicchio, fresh clams and white anchovies.
- 1/4 ea Radicchio, fresh, quartered
- 1/2 ea Romaine Hearts, halved
- 3 ea Littleneck Clams, whole
- 1 oz Asiago and Parmesan, shaved
- 1 oz Butter
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 oz Parsley
- 1 each Sliced Baguette
- 2 oz Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1 tsp Champagne Vinegar
- 2 ea White Anchovies
- Drizzle Radicchio and Romaine pieces with olive oil and season with S/P, then grill on a very hot grill for only 1 minute per side.
- Place whole clams on grill in shell and cook until they open, about 4-6 minutes. When open, spoon in mix of butter, parsley, garlic and 1/2 oz of the Asiago and Parmesan cheeses. Cook 1 more minute.
- Use the remaining butter mixture to spread on baguette slice and grill for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Add Champagne vinegar to Caesar salad dressing and whisk, then drizzle over grilled lettuces, then top with the white anchovies and remaining shaved Asiago and Parmesan.
- Servings: 4
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 4 - ISSUE 4 • FALL 2016
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Salad, Seafood