Green Curried Mussels
- 4 lbs Mussels in Shell 23-29 Count
- 6 C Coconut Curry Broth
Coconut Curry Broth
- 28 oz Coconut Milk
- 3 Tbsp Green Curry Paste
- 2 C Chicken Broth
- 3 ea Lemongrass
- 1/3 C Fish Sauce
- 1 3/4 C Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 3/4 C Lime Juice, Fresh
- 1/4 C Cilantro, fresh, picked and chopped
- 1/4 C Basil, fresh, picked and chopped
- 1/4 C Mint, fresh, picked and chopped
- Peel and chop ginger in a robocoupe. Add coconut milk, ginger, curry paste, smashed lemongrass bulbs, and chicken stock to pot. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes. Strain through a chinois. Stir in, while the broth is still hot, fish sauce, crushed red pepper, lime juice, brown sugar, and chopped fresh herbs.
- Heat a large pan with a lid over medium high heat. Add mussels and coconut curry broth. Bring to a simmer and cover. Let cook until all the mussels open up and are hot all the way through.
- To serve, divide into large bowls big enough to hold mussels and broth. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley or cilantro. Serve with cocktail fork, a spoon for the broth and a side bowl for mussel shells. Add mei fun noodles or roasted potatoes for a heartier dish.