Green Bean Casserole
Recipe and photo courtesy of Markon Cooperative, Inc.
Not your traditional green bean casserole, this flavorful, lighter version includes fresh green beans, mushrooms, and caramelized shallots and broth made white wine, soy sauce, and vegetable stock.
- 3 c fresh green beans, cooked and cut into 2inch pieces (RFS# 78452)
- 3 c Markon® mushrooms, sliced (RFS# 78158)
- ¾ c vegetable stock (RFS# 22116)
- ⅓ c white wine
- 3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce (RFS# KN834)
- 3 cloves Markon® garlic, diced
- 1 leek, julienned (RFS# 78414)
- 3 shallots, sliced in rings (RFS# L9708)
- 3 Tbsp Villa Frizzoni® olive oil (RFS# 23158)
- Katy’s Kitchen® iodized table salt to taste (RFS# 33202)
- Culinary Secrets® black pepper to taste (RFS# 24108)
- In a large pan, saute the shallots, leek, and garlic in olive oil until lightly caramelized.
- Add the mushrooms; continue to saute until mushrooms soften and caramelize.
- Pour in vegetable stock, wine, and soy sauce; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into small serving dishes and top with cooked green beans.
- Place in 350 degree oven for five-to-seven minutes. CCP – Heat to an internal temperature of 165ᵒF for 15 seconds.
- Remove and serve immediately.