Gluten Free Cinnamon Coffee Cake
- ¼ C. palm oil
- ¼ C. + 2 T. granulated sugar
- 2 T. agave nectar or honey
- 2/3 C. applesauce
- ¼ C. water
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1½ C. sorghum flour
- ½ C. tapioca flour
- 1T. + 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ t. baking soda
- 2 T. Enjoy Life Foods Vanilla Honey Graham Cookie crumbs (about 2 cookies)
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 2 T. safflower
K1114 Enjoy Life Foods Vanilla Honey Graham Cookie
- 1 C. confectioner's sugar
- 1 T. water + additional water if too stiff
- 1 t. vanilla (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Prepare a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper or lightly oil with palm oil and dust with sorghum, shaking off extra.
- Make the topping first: combine cookie crumbs, cinnamon, brown sugar and oil until a paste is formed.
- Mix together palm oil and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in agave (or honey) and applesauce and mix – it will look streaky. Mix in water and vanilla.
- Fold in dry ingredients (except baking soda) and mix until incorporated. Mix in apple cider vinegar. Once incorporated, mix in baking soda.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread batter so it is even. Drop dollops of topping on to batter, spreading it over the top. Place in oven and bake 20-24 minutes, or until cake is risen and firm to the touch.
- While cake is baking, make icing by mixing sugar, water, and vanilla together. Add water to thin enough so that icing is stringy but not too wet.
- Once cool, top with icing. Serve immediately or freeze in pieces and warm as needed.