Fennel Pollen Seared Scallops with Squid Ink & Rice Cakes
- 8 oz Dry Pack 10-20 Scallops
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Pollen
- 3 oz Arborio Rice
- 6 oz Chicken Stock
- 1 oz Fontina Cheese
- 1 ea Egg Yolk
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 4 oz Romanesco, Cut and Blanched
- 1/2 Tbsp Squid Ink
- 4 oz Soave or Pinot Grigio
- 2 oz Butter
- Season the scallops with S/P and fennel pollen, and pan sear.
- Cook rice on a slow simmer adding 1/3 of the stock at a time, then cool.
- Add the cheese and egg yolk to the rice and mix thoroughly, then coat in breadcrumbs and then pan fry until golden brown.
- Bring the wine to a simmer and reduce to nearly dry, then add the squid ink and mount in the whole butter.
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 5 - ISSUE 1 • WINTER 2017
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Seafood