Farfalle pasta baked with eggs, chunks of smokey bacon, and sautéed fresh seasonal vegetables flavored with aromatic Italian herbs of rosemary, thyme, and oregano. Serve with mixed berries and garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.
consumer insight, rationale:
- Consumers are seeking new dish options that deliver on the comfort of breakfast in new and interesting ways, and this dish fits that need.
- Driving the growth of more vegetable flavor/ingredient profiles (24% between Q1 2012 and Q1 20150) with pasta includes beans (yes, beans), tomato (not too surprisingly) and spinach. Other vegetables menued more with pasta include; corn, squash, celery, artichoke, carrots, and the broader category roasted-vegetables (Mintel Menu Insights Pasta Category Report June 2015).
daypart: Breakfast; Lunch; Dinner
menu part: Entrée
- SilverBrook® Butter (13618)
- Good Roots Zucchini (13736)
- Good Roots Squash (13726)
- SilverBrook® Whole Egg Frz w/Citrc (69028)
- Extra Melt® Shredded American Cheese, Yellow
- Fully Cooked Natural Hardwood Smoked Bacon*
- Culinary Secrets Italian Seasoning (25972)
- Cook farfalle pasta in salted boiling water to only half the time it says on the package directions. Drain and cool. Set aside.
- Sauté the fresh vegetables in butter until just slightly wilted but still tender. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add scrambled eggs, and vegetables and fold in the pasta. Add the bacon, cheese, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Spray a muffin pan with pan spray.
- Fill each muffin cup with about ¾ of your egg/pasta/vegetable mix making sure you get all the items in each cup.
- Bake until egg is firm and golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
- Can be served with fresh salsa and/or fresh fruit salad.