Chef Kevin Nash, Eastern PA Division
- 6 oz duck breast 14 oz-16 oz, double lobe, frozen
- 2 oz black bean, in brine
- 4 oz jicama root, fresh
- 3 oz tomatillo, fresh
- 1 ea cilantro bunched, fresh
- 2 oz avocado pulp, 100% Hass, frozen
- 3 oz corn, whole kernel
- 2 oz red pepper, large, fresh
- 2 ea lime, fresh
- 3 oz Cotija cheese wedge
- 1 ea tortilla, flour, frozen
- 2 oz sour cream
- 1 oz salad oil, liquid, soybean
- Render duck to medium, at 125 F, and let rest.
- Brush tortilla with oil and grill to get marks on one side, yet not too crispy. Cut tomatillos in half, brush with oil and roast on grill. Toss in oil. Julienne red pepper and reserve. Peel jicama and cut into 1/4-inch batons. Squeeze juice of 1/2 a lime and pinch of salt to the pulp. Fry remaining cilantro leaves.
- With a spoon, spread sour cream on grilled tortilla. Slice duck thinly and lay in center of tortilla. Then disperse the rest of the ingredients surrounding the duck.
No video selected.