Duck Chili w/Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
CHEF JEFF MERRY | Reinhart® Boston Division
Portion Cost: $2.95
Suggested Menu Price: $7.95
- 2 lb Ground duck
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 4 strips Apple wood bacon
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/2 C Onion, diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 7 oz can Chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 C Roasted corn & black bean mix
- 28 oz Fire roasted tomatoes
- 6 oz Tomato paste
- 3 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 12 oz Dark beer
- TT Queso Fresco
- In a stock pot, heat vegetable oil. Add bacon, ground duck, onions and garlic. Cook about 10-15 minutes until meat is browned and onions are tender.
- Place chipotle pepper in adobo sauce in food processor and blend until smooth. Add to meat.
- Add remaining ingredients, except the corn and black bean mix, chili powder, cumin and cayenne pepper, and bring to boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the corn and black bean and add remaining seasonings to taste. Simmer for 15 minutes. Garnish with Queso Fresco crumbles.
- Servings: 1
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Cost: $5-$10
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 4 - ISSUE 1 • WINTER 2016
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch