Drunken Mushroom Poutine
Feeling a little tipsy? It might be the mushrooms. We “drown” thick slices of mushrooms in a mixture of white wine and sour cream and throw them on with a little Swiss nightcap for good measure.
- ½ lb Bountiful Harvest® crinkle cut French fries
- 2 Tbsp Villa Frizzoni® canola oil
- ½ lb Good Roots® portabella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Culinary Secrets® dried tarragon
- 1 tsp Culinary Secrets® dried thyme
- 1 tsp Culinary Secrets® dried sweet basil
- ½ tsp Culinary Secrets® dried rosemary
- ¼ c Katy’s Kitchens® sherry cooking wine
- 16 oz Fair Meadow® sour cream
- ¼ c shredded Swiss cheese
- Bake French fries according to package directions.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add sliced mushrooms and season with tarragon, thyme, sweet basil, and rosemary leaves.
- Add sherry cooking wine and cook until mushrooms are soft.
- Reduce heat to low and add sour cream. Cook until temperature of 135°F has been reached. Stir until well combined.
- Top with shredded Swiss cheese. Serve over French fries.
- Servings: 4
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Appetizer
- Categories: Recipes
- Tags: Appetizer, Dinner, Lunch, Side