Derby Day: Charles Dickens “Enchanting” Mint Julep
Jonathan Laurel, West Main Crafting Co., Lexington, Ky.
- 1 dropper 18% saline solution
- 12 drops 6% citric acid
- 1/2 oz Giffard apricot brandy
- 3 oz Mint syrup
- 14 oz Woodford Reserve bourbon
- Pour all ingredients into a punch bowl and fill halfway with ice. Swizzle aggressively to chill and dilute. Top with a mound of cobbled ice and garnish with healthy sprigs of mint and a variety of flowers. Express a lemon peel and discard. Serve with long straws.
- I love this large-format version. Every bar in the South has a julep, but I haven’t seen any batched. It’s a little tiki, almost—maybe Kentiki?
No video selected.