Curry Poached Cod w/Green Pesto
- 6 oz Cod Fillet 8-16 Ounce Alaskan
- 1/2 tsp Curry Powder
- 4 oz Milk Coconut
- 2 oz Creamer Half & Half, Ultra High Temperature
- 2 tsp Salt Coarse Kosher Box, divided
- 1/8 oz Pepper Bell Red Medium, sliced thin
- 1/8 oz Carrot Jumbo #2 Fresh Import
- 1/2 tsp Vinegar Red Wine
- 1/8 tsp Coriander Ground
- 1/8 oz Basil Fresh
- 1/8 oz Arugula Wild Fresh
- 1/8 oz Parsley Italian Fresh
- 1/8 Ea Cilantro Bunched Fresh
- 1/2 oz Oil Olive Extra Virgin
- Pre-heat an oven to 375°F. In a medium hot sauté pan add the coconut milk, curry, coriander and half and half; bring to a simmer.
- Season the cod with 1 tsp of kosher salt and set into the cream mixture. Let it simmer slowly for about 5 minutes then turn the fish over. Add the red pepper. Meanwhile peel the carrot in long strips and toss in the vinegar and set in the refrigerator.
- Place all the greens into a blender and add the oil and remaining salt and blend. Place the cream mixture into the bottom of a plate or bowl. Top with the fish and red pepper.
- Top the fish off with the pesto and drizzle the remaining oil onto the cream mixtures. Garnish the fish with the carrot on the side.