Creamy Potato Mushroom Soup
A smooth soup that pairs hearty potatoes with savory shiitake mushrooms.
- 1 Tbsp Silverbrook® butter (RFS# 73400)
- 2 large (1/2 lb) Good Roots® baked potatoes, skins removed and diced (RFS# 27550)
- 4 oz shiitake mushrooms, diced (RFS# 34298)
- 3 c vegetable broth (RFS# 78874)
- 1 tsp Culinary Secrets® dried basil (RFS# 24388)
- 3 Culinary Secrets® bay leaves (RFS# 22030)
- 1 Tbsp Cobblestreet Market® chopped garlic (RFS# 68068)
- 1 tsp Culinary Secrets® dried thyme (RFS# 24434)
- ½ tsp Culinary Secrets® ground sage (RFS# 24144)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a medium size Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Remove half of the mushrooms and set aside.
- Add diced cooked potatoes, vegetable broth, and seasonings. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes. Add additional broth or water as needed. CCP: Cook to minimum internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove bay leaves. Puree the mixture with a hand blender or in a food processor until smooth.
- Add reserved mushrooms.
- Serve 1 cup each.