Country Style Rigatoni
- 5 oz Pasta Rigatoni
- 1/2 Tbsp Garlic, Chopped
- 2 oz Sausage Italian Mild
- 1/2 oz Kale Green, Chopped
- 1/8 tsp Fennel Seed Whole
- 1/4 oz Bean Great Northern In Brine
- 1/8 oz Onion Yellow Jumbo
- 1 tsp Base Chicken Gourmet Paste
- 1 Tbsp Butter Solid Unsalted
- 1/8 tsp Pepper Red Crushed
- 1/2 tsp Paste Tomato
- Boil the rigatoni in salted water (salty like the sea) until al dente, then set aside. In a medium hot sauté pan add the sausage and cook. Stir and break up the sausage so that it is in crumbles. Once cooked remove the sausage with a slotted spoon but leave the fat in the pan. Dice the onion and mince the garlic and cook in the pan with the kale. Once translucent add in the tomato paste and cook for an additional minute. Add in the sausage.
- Mix the chicken base with 1/4 cup of water. Deglaze the pan with the chicken stock and add the beans. Add the butter and stir until the mixture emulsifies and reduces. Add 2 Tbsp of pasta water and the pasta and cook for 2 minutes and serve. Once put into a to-go container, be sure the lid is vented so that condensation doesn't occur.
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 6 - ISSUE 1 • WINTER 2018
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Italian, Lunch, Pasta
No video selected.