Cookie Crust Bread Pudding
- 6 C Brickfire® brioche buns, cubed and toasted (or day old)
- 1 C half and half
- 1 C whole milk
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 C butter, unsalted
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 C Brickfire Bake & Serve cookies, fully baked, diced up
- 1-2 C Brickfire Bake & serve cookie dough, unbaked, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking pan of your choice or ramekins. Place brioche in large bowl. Heat the half-and-half, milk, vanilla nutmeg, cinnamon and butter in a pot. Bring to a simmer until butter is melted. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until light and uffy. Gently whisk the hot liquid mixture in with the eggs. Pour the hot mixture over brioche cubes, making sure all bread is covered. Lightly pat down and let sit for at least 15 minutes to allow liquid to absorb into bread (can even be overnight).
- Fold in cookie pieces gently. Press raw cookie dough into the bottom of the ramekin. Then top with brioche bread mixture. Bake for 350 for 25 to 35 minutes then up oven up to 400 and bake until pudding is browned and puffy. Remove from oven. Let cool. Drizzle lightly with chocolate syrup.