Coconut Shrimp Torta with Figs
- 4 oz Shrimp White Raw Peeled and Deveined 31-40 No Tail Individually Quick Frozen
- 1/3 Ea Fig 20-22 Count Fresh
- 1/2 oz Arugula Wild Fresh
- 5 oz Coconut Sweetened Flake Fancy Bulk
- 1 Ea Egg Shell on White Large Grade Aa Loose Pack Refrigerated
- 2 oz Corn Starch
- 3 oz Bean Refried Pinto with Lard
- 3/4 oz Onion Green Scallion lceless Clean and Trim Fresh
- 1 1/2 oz Cheese Cotija Refrigerated Delivers Within 2 Business Days
- 1 Ea Baguette French Demi Partial Baked 4 Ounce Frozen
- 2 oz Pepper Mini Sweet Red Yellow Orange Fresh
- In a bowl, add egg and milk and whisk.
- In another bowl, add cornstarch and raw shrimp. Dredge shrimp in egg wash and roll in shredded coconut and set aside.
- Heat refried beans to temp.
- Slice bread lengthwise and toast.
- Spread the refried beans on bottom and start assembling the Torta.
- Deep fry shrimp for 3 minutes and drain. Add shrimp to the bottom of bread.
- Thinly slice the figs and the sweet peppers.
- Add arugula then figs and sweet peppers.
- Rough chop scallion and place on top of sandwich.
- Servings: 1
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: The Dish, Recipes
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Mexican, Seafood
No video selected.