Coconut Lobster Satay with Sweet Asian Drizzle
Chef Jeff Merry | Reinhart Boston
- 1 ea 5-ounce frozen Bahama lobster tail
- 2 ea white extra-large grade A eggs, beaten
- 8 oz sweetened coconut, shredded
- 5 oz bleached and enriched all-purpose flour
- 6 oz panko breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- ½ tsp white ground pepper
- ¼ oz sweet chili sauce
- In 3 separate bowls, combine flour, eggs, panko and salt and pepper combined with coconut. Remove thawed lobster from tail and split. Skewer both halves of the lobster tail. Dredge tail in flour, then egg, then panko mix and place in 350 F fryer. Cook for about 4 minutes to 5 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towel. Serve with sweet chili sauce.
No video selected.