Coconut Crusted Mahi Sliders with Avocado, Mango and Lime Aioli
- 4 ea 6 oz Mahi Portions, cut into 2 oz portions
- 3 Egg Whites
- ¾ C Panko Breadcrumbs
- ¾ C Sweetened, Shredded Coconut
- 1 tsp Salt, divided, plus more for seasoning fish
- TT Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 12 tsp Lime Juice
- ½ tsp Cumin
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- ¾ tsp Sriracha
- 2 ea Avocados, sliced
- 2 ea Mangoes, sliced
- Purple Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 12 ea Brioche Buns
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Set a cookie cooling rack on top of a baking sheet and spray with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy. On a large plate, mix panko, coconut and ½ tsp salt. Season with a little bit of freshly ground pepper. Season fish portions with salt and pepper. Coat in egg mixture, letting the excess drip off, and then coat in coconut mixture, patting off any excess breading. Place filets on cooking rack and bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- While fish is cooking, mix together remaining salt, mayo, lime juice, cumin, garlic and sriracha. To assemble sliders, spread buns with lime aioli, then place the fish portions on the bottom halves of the buns and top with a little bit of the sliced mango, avocado and purple cabbage.