Coco Key Lime Tilapia
- 7-9oz Tilapia Filet - RFS# 11244
- 13.5 oz cream of coconut or coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp lemongrass purée
- 2 Tbsp fresh key lime juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh key lime zest
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp toasted coconut
- 1 E jalapeño, stemmed and thinly sliced lengthwise
- TT salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl whisk all ingredients together.
- Reserve 1 cup of the marinade and 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro.
- Add the fish to the marinade and refrigerate for up to 30 minutes.
- Remove the tilapia filet from the refrigerator.
- Place the tilapia in a baking dish, discarding the marinade.
- Place slices of jalapeño over the top of each piece.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Pour the reserved 1 cup marinade in a small saucepan over medium heat and simmer until reduced and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon some on the plate before placing the tilapia on top with remaining sauce.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and toasted coconut.
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 5 - ISSUE 3 • SUMMER 2017
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Seafood