Cinco de Mayo Breakfast Biscuit Waffle Sandwich
Chef Bill Frost, Regional Chef, Twin Cities, Minn.
Spring comes with a kick with chef Frost’s creative new recipes, which add some heat to brunch and à la carte menus. The Cinco de Mayo breakfast biscuit waffle sandwich, for example, boasts chorizo sausage and ancho chile seasoning, while the Mexican hot corn and pozale each contain a veritable symphony of south-of-the-border flavors.
- 3 oz chorizo sausage patty
- 1 ea fried egg, sunny side up
- 2 tbsp guacamole
- 2 tbsp pico de gallo
- 1 ea chihuahua cheese slice
- 3 ea cilantro sprigs
- 1 biscuit dough, frozen
- Cilantro lime seasoning
- Ancho chile seasoning
- Thaw biscuit dough. Sprinkle both sides with cilantro lime and ancho chile seasonings. Press in waffle iron to cook. Split biscuit waffle in half. Heat chorizo sausage patty and top with pico de gallo and chihuahua cheese slice. Melt and place on biscuit bottom. Top with guacamole, egg and cilantro.
- Servings: 1
- Type: Breakfast
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 8 - ISSUE 2 • SPRING 2020
- Tags: Breakfast, Mexican, Pork