Chorizo Meatballs with Manchego Cheese
- 3/4 lb Prairie Creek® ground pork 80/20
- 1/4 lb Eagle Ridge® pork chorizo
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup manchego cheese (finely shredded, about 1½ ounces, divided)
- 24 basil leaves
- Preheat broiler and arrange a rack about 6 inches from heat. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, garlic, paprika and salt. Stir in panko and 1/2 cup of cheese. Add pork and chorizo and gently mix until well combined. With dampened hands, shape mixture into 24 meatballs, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter, arranging them on the prepared baking sheet. Broil meatballs until cooked through and lightly browned, 12 minutes to 14 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Set aside to cool slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Spear a basil leaf (fold larger ones in half) and a meatball onto a toothpick and transfer to a serving plate. Repeat with remaining basil and meatballs. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons of cheese and serve warm.
- Servings: 6
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 7 - ISSUE 2 • SPRING 2019
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Mexican, Pork
No video selected.