Chipotle Buffalo Chili
Chef Lee Sepaniac | Culinary Specialist, Gourmet Food Group
Recipe Cost: $124.76
Portion Cost: $3.12
Serve with Cheddar Scallion Corn Bread
- 5 lbs. Ground Buffalo
- 4 oz. Olive Oil
- 2 lbs. Dried Kidney Beans
- 2 lbs. Dried Cannelini Beans
- 4 lbs.Peeled Canned Roma tomatoes in sauce
- 2 lbs. Diced Onions
- 1 lb. Diced Red Peppers
- 1/2 cup. Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup New Mexico Mild Chili Powder
- 6 Tbsp Smoked Spanish Paprika
- 1/4 cup Chipotle Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Ground Black Pepper
- Soak both beans the day before in cold water in the refrigerator, 2 parts water 1 par beans.
- Heat a large Rondo with 4 oz. of olive oil, and add ground buffalo, brown meat while crumbling then add the onions, garlic and red peppers and continue to cook until vegetables sweated out.
- Add all other ingredients until the pepper powders release their aroma then add the Dice the canned tomatoes and add all with the sauce, and 1 quart of water.
- Simmer for 2 hours on medium heat, uncovered and stir to make sure it does not scorch.