Chiles en Nogada
- 6 oz Pepper Poblano Chili Fresh
- 4 oz Pork Cushion Meat Boneless Carnita Style Fully Cooked Boil in Bag Frozen
- 1 Tbsp Almond Sliced Blanched Raw
- 2 Tsp Garlic Whole Peeled Reclosable Bag 100-130 Cnt/lb Fresh
- 1 Ea Potato 60 Count Average Idaho Russet Us #1 Grade Carton Temperature Control Above 40 Degrees Fresh, Diced and boiled
- 1/4 oz Cilantro, Chopped
- 1 oz Tomato Roma Fresh, Diced
- 1 oz Onion Yellow Jumbo Us #1 Fresh, Diced small
- 1 oz Currant Zante Dried
- 2 oz Cheese Goat Crumbled 2 Pound Tray Refrigerated
- 2 1/2 oz Milk Whole White Select Plastic Refrigerated
- 3 oz Walnut Halves and Pieces Raw
- 1 Ea Bread White Pullman 32 Ounce 1 /2" 30 Slice Baked Frozen, Diced
- 1/8 Ea Parsley Bunched Us #1 Washed Cleaned 6 Count Fresh, Chopped fine
- 1/2 Tsp Pomegranate Arils Dried
- Take the poblano peppers and cook on a grill or open flame until the skin is charred and loose.
- Cover them in a bowl wrapped in plastic wrap for 10 minutes and scrape the charred skin off.
- Carefully cut a slit into the poblano pepper and remove the seeds. Meanwhile, mix together the carnita meat, onion, garlic, tomato, cilantro, almonds and black currants and sauté for 4-5 minutes until the flavors come together. Place the mixture inside of the 2 poblano peppers.
- For the sauce, place the milk, goat cheese, bread and walnuts into a blender with a pinch of kosher salt and puree until smooth.
- Place the poblano peppers on a plate and garnish with the sauce. Finish off with the chopped parsley and pomegranate tendrils.
Place the poblano peppers on a plate and garnish with the sauce. Finish off with the chopped parsley and pomegranate tendrils.