Chicken & Guacamole on Cornmeal Flatbread
inspired by Avocados From Mexico®
Modeled after traditional pizza, this flatbread is sure to catch your customers’ attention. Cornmeal flatbread is covered with a citrusy guacamole sauce and topped with Monterey jack cheese, chicken and tomato and perfectly seasoned with cayenne pepper, cilantro and garlic.
- 1 Cornmeal Flatbread Dough Recipe (see below)
- 1 Markon® garlic clove, peeled
- 1 Tbsp Villa Frizzoni® canola/olive oil blend
- 1 Guacamole Recipe (see below)
- 1 c Silverbrook® chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 1 c Good Roots Produce® cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 c Cobblestreet Market® Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 Pinch Culinary Secrets® cayenne pepper
Preheat the oven’s broiler. Stretch dough into 5x9 inch rectangles. Sprinkle cornmeal on a baking sheet. Place dough rectangles on top and prebake crust until starting to form crispy layer but not starting to brown (approximately 5 to 7 minutes).
- Slice the garlic clove in half, and rub the cut side onto the tops of the crust for flavor.
- Brush both sides of the crusts with olive oil. Spread the guacamole over the top of each crust, and then arrange chicken and tomatoes on top. Sprinkle with cheese, and season lightly with cayenne pepper.
- Broil for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until the cheese has just melted and the crust is lightly toasted. Remove from oven; serve immediately.
Cornmeal Flatbread Dough
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 Smidgen of Culinary Secrets® honey
- 1 ⅔ c Katy’s Kitchen® flour
- ¼ c cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp Siverbrook® butter
- 1 ½ tsp Katy’s Kitchen® salt
- 2 Tbsp Villa Frizzoni® canola/olive oil blend
- Sprinkle yeast and honey into ½ C warm water in small bowl; allow to stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Mix flour, cornmeal, butter and salt in a large bowl; make a well in the center and add the yeast mixture.
- Stir to form a soft dough, adding more flour if necessary. Turn onto a floured board and knead until dough is supple and elastic, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into four 4-ounce balls. Transfer to a large oiled bowl making sure to coat dough with oil, cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm spot until dough has doubled in size, about 1 hour.
Guacamole inspired by Avocados From Mexico®
- 2 Good Roots Produce® fresh avocados, pitted and diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp Good Roots Produce® cilantro, chopped
- Katy’s Kitchen® salt to taste
- In a food processor, combine the avocados and cilantro. Puree while adding lime juice and salt
- Servings: 4 flatbreads
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Appetizer, Entree
- Categories: Recipes
- Tags: Appetizer, Dinner, Entrée, Lunch