Chicago Style Italian Stuffed Pizza
Chef Paul Young • Reinhart® Milwaukee Division
Pizza Cost: $4.50
Suggested Menu Price: $14.95
- 12" Pizza dough crust
- 2 Tbsp Oil olive
- 3 oz Yellow onion, diced
- 3 oz Green pepper, diced
- 7 oz Italian beef slice w/ gravy
- 4 oz Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 oz Provolone cheese, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Kosher salt, coarse
- 1 1/2 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
- 16 oz Pizza sauce
- In a hot sauté pan, add 1Tbsp of the oil and add the diced onion and green peppers. Add the kosher salt and sauté for approximately 3 minutes until the vegetables are al dente.
- Pre-heat an oven to 425°F.
- In a 10" cake pan add the other Tbsp of oil and using your hands spread the oil evenly to coat.
- Take the dough and lay inside of the cake pan crimping the excess dough up the sides.
- Place 4 oz of the mozzarella cheese evenly on the bottom, and top with the provolone cheese. Then layer the onions and peppers, and the heated Italian beef. Top that with the remaining 3 oz of the shredded mozzarella. With a ladle, evenly disperse the pizza sauce over the top.
- Place in the oven for approximately 35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Servings: 6
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Cost: $5-$10
- Categories: Takeout Recipes, Recipes, VOL 3 - ISSUE 2 • SPRING 2015
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch
No video selected.