Charred Jalepeño Carmelized Onion Ranch Dip
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 jalapeño peppers
- 4 C CULINARY SECRETS® ranch dressing
- 2 heads garlic, roasted
- Garnish washed & trimmed parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in sauté pan; when hot, add onions and cook on medium to high heat until starting to brown. Add sugar, salt, and pepper and continue cooking (while stirring) until onions are translucent with a golden brown glaze. Set aside.
- Char jalapeños over an open ame. Peel and chop coarsely.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Ranch dressing, caramelized onions, Jalapeño peppers, and roasted garlic. Stir and divide into four equal portions that serve four people each. Garnish with Italian parsley. Serve with crudites and/or roasted root vegetables.