Chamorro de Cerdo en Achiote
Recipe Provided by Pork.org
- 2 Prairie Creek® pork loin shanks, 2-3 lbs
- 1 achiote paste or powder pack
- 3 oranges (the juice from 3 oranges)
- 2 cloves garlic
- I pinch marjoram
- I Tbsp oil
- Salt and pepper
- Using your blender or by hand, dissolve the achiote paste with the orange juice, garlic, oil, marjoram, salt and pepper, pulsing to liquefy.
- Place pork shanks in a big kitchen bowl, together with the liquefied achiote marinade we did in step 1. Marinate for 60 minutes in the refrigerator.
- After marinating, put the marinade and the uncooked shanks in a pan with tight fitting lid. Preheat the oven to 300°F. Place the pan in the preheated oven at 300°F, until cooked or about 2 hours, depending on size of the shanks until the pork meat is very well cooked and comes off the bones easily.
- Servings: 4
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 7 - ISSUE 2 • SPRING 2019
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Mexican, Pork
No video selected.