On-trend and healthy, cauliflower steaks have a smoky, nutty flavor; top them with umami-rich mushrooms, crispy fried shallots and the bitter notes of radicchio.
- 3 Tbsp Canola oil
- 1 head MARKON ESSENTIALS® Cauliflower
- 3/4 C Radicchio, chopped
- 6 oz MARKON FIRST CROP® Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Shallot, sliced into rings
- Salt and pepper to taste
- MARKON FIRST CROP® Thyme to garnish
- Slice head of cauliflower lengthwise to get a thin slab, a.k.a. steak. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large skillet; add cauliflower and season with salt and pepper. When seared on both sides, remove from pan.
- Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in skillet. Add mushrooms and sauté until browned; season with salt and pepper. Add shallot rings to remaining oil in pan and cook until golden brown. Arrange plate with cauliflower steak at bottom, topped with sautéed mushrooms, chopped radicchio, shallot rings and fresh thyme garnish.
- Serve immediately.