On-trend and healthy, cauliflower steaks have a smoky, nutty flavor; top them with umami-rich mushrooms, crispy fried shallots, and the bitter notes of radicchio.
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 3/4 cup radicchio, chopped
- 6 oz. Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced into rings
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Thyme, to garnish
- Slice head of cauliflower lengthwise to get a thin slab, a.k.a. steak. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large skillet; add cauliflower and season with salt and pepper. When seared on both sides, remove from pan.
- Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in skillet. Add mushrooms and saute until browned; season with salt and pepper.
- Add shallot rings to remaining oil in pan and cook until golden brown.
- Arrange plate with cauliflower steak at bottom, topped with sauteed mushrooms, chopped radicchio, shallot rings, and fresh thyme garnish.
- Serve immediately.
- Servings: 2
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Entree
- Categories: Recipes
- Tags: Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Vegetarian