Catfish Tostadas with Pineapple Salsa and Oaxaca Cheese
- 6 3/5 oz. catfish fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded oaxaca cheese
- carrots, shredded
- cabbage, shredded
- tomatoes, diced
- tostada shells
- cilantro for garnish
- 1 jalapeno pepper, ribs and seeds removed, minced
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- 2 ½ tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- For the pineapple salsa, combine all the ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- For the catfish, season the catfish fillets on both sides with salt and pepper to taste. Heat a greased nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Place the catfish fillets in the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes per side. When the catfish is done cooking, transfer to a cutting board and roughly flake with a fork.
- To assemble tacos, divide the catfish amongst the tostada shells and top with the cabbage, pineapple salsa, tomatoes, carrots and shredded oaxaca cheese. Garnish with cilantro.