Recipe Provided by Smithfield
- 2 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 1/2 Medium Onion, Small Diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, Thinly Sliced
- 1 Small Poblano Pepper, roasted, skin removed, small diced
- 1 Lime, Juiced
- 3 Small Tomatillos, Husked, Rinsed Blended
- 8 oz Cooked Pork Carnitas
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- 4 Eggs, Beaten Together With
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Avocado, Pitted, Thinly Sliced
- 2 oz Cotija Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat oil in skillet or cast iron pan on medium heat. Saute onion and garlic 4 to 6 minutes or until tender.
- Add roasted poblano, lime juice, tomatillos, carnitas and cilantro. Stir briefly to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with sliced avocado; sprinkle with cotija cheese. Garnish with additional cilantro and lime juice.
- Servings: 2
- Type: Breakfast, Entree
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 7 - ISSUE 2 • SPRING 2019
- Tags: Breakfast, Mexican