Canadian Lobster Poutine
with Bisque Gravy
- 1 Whole Canadian Lobster
- 2 C Matchstick cut raw russet potatoes [blanch in salted water for 5 min, remove and pat dry. Heat oil to 350 degrees and fry potatoes until crispy golden brown.]
- 1 C Cheese curds
- ¼ C Lobster Bisque gravy [Lobster shells, heavy cream, shallots, butter, flour, tomato paste, sherry, garlic, onions, white wine, Worcestershire sauce, fresh thyme, paprika, bay leaves]
- 1 Tbsp Parsley or chives fresh chopped
- Remove all meat from shell and reserve shells for stock.
- Poach lobster meat and set aside.
- Fry French fries and reserve on paper-lined plate seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Cover lobster shells with salted water and cook for 20 min, remove shells and reserve liquid.
- In hot pan add butter, onions and garlic, sweat for 2 minutes, add flour and cook until blended.
- Add wine to deglaze, add Worcestershire, lobster stock, tomato paste, thyme and bay leaf.
- Cook for 2 min and add heavy cream and paprika, simmer and reserve.
- In serving bowl add French fries, top with cheese curds, diced cooked lobster meat and top with gravy.
- Garnish with chopped chives or fresh parsley and a drizzle of white truffle oil.
- Type: Lunch, Dinner, Appetizer, Entree
- Categories: Featured, Recipes, VOL 5 - ISSUE 3 • SUMMER 2017
- Tags: Appetizer, Dinner, Entrée, Lunch, Seafood