Calamari with Fire Roasted Jalapeño Aioli
- 1/8 oz Garlic Whole Peeled Fresh, Minced
- 1/2 oz Pepper Jalapeño #1 Fresh
- 1/2 oz Seasoning Cajun
- 1 oz Banana Pepper Rings, Mild Yellow 5/16”
- 1 oz Roasted Red Pepper Strip, Small dice
- 1 1/4 oz Mayonnaise Heavy Duty Original Recipe
- 1/4 tsp Coarse Salt, Kosher Box
- 1/2 oz Spinach Baby Fresh
- 7 oz HIDDEN BAY® Calamari Ring Breaded Prefried Frozen
- In a 350 degree fryolater - fry the calamari for approximately 1-2 minutes until hot and cooked throughout. Toss with the Cajun seasoning.
- In the meantime dice the roasted red pepper and place in a bowl with 1/2 the amount of minced garlic, and the banana peppers. Then place the jalapeños on a hot grill and cook until it is blistered and fully roasted. Dice the Jalapeño. In a small food processor, add the remaining garlic, the Jalapeño, salt and mayonnaise. Blend until fully combined and smooth. Place in a ramekin (you can refrigerate the rest for up to a week) Place the hot calamari in the bowl with the red pepper mixture and toss. - add in the spinach and toss until the spinach is slightly wilted.
- Plate and serve the fire roasted Jalapeño aioli on the side.