Cajun Breakfast Bowl
Juicy sausage bits served over Cajun roasted sweet potatoes with peppers and onions, scrambled eggs and topped with Cajun country gravy.
consumer insight, rationale:
- Customers crave ethnic and bold flavors for any time breakfast fare
- Breakfast bowls are one of the fastest growing dishes on breakfast menus .
menu part: Appetizer/Shareable, Salad/Small Plate
- Tyson® Hillshire Farm® Natural Sauté Style Pork Breakfast Sausage Ingredient Meat
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Flame-Roasted Peppers & Onions
- Cajun Seasoning Blend
- SilverBrook® Scrambled Egg Mix (69030)
- SilverBrook® Unsalted Butter (13618)
- Culinary Secrets Country Gravy (11128)
- Markon Scallions, Fresh, Thinly Sliced (76207)
- Toss the sweet potatoes with Cajun spice. Roast the sweet potatoes until heated through. Set aside.
- Heat the sausage in a covered pan until heated through. Set aside.
- Sauté the peppers and onions until heated through. Set aside.
- Heat the country gravy and add Cajun spice to taste, add salt and pepper as needed.
- Scramble eggs in butter until cooked.
- To build a bowl, arrange the roasted potatoes on the bottom of the bowl, top with peppers and onions, the sausage bits and scrambled eggs. Pour gravy over the top and sprinkle with sliced scallions. Serve immediately.