Cactus Salad with Spanish Chorizo
Chef Brian Funk, Shawano, Wisconsin Division
- 4 oz cactus leaves
- 4 oz chorizo
- 3 oz red onion, jumbo
- 3 ½ oz Roma tomatoes
- 1 oz Canola oil
- 1 ½ oz pomegranate, dried
- 1 ea yellow corn tortillas
- 3 oz American cheese (white melt loaf queso blanco)
- 2 oz cilantro, washed and trimmed
- ½ oz garlic, chopped
- 1 ½ jalapeño pepper, fresh
- Clean and dice cactus. Place in boiling water, and boil for an additional 10 minutes. Place cactus in ice bath. Dice tomatoes and cheese and place in bowl. Slice red onion and sauté with chorizo until cooked. Cool. Add onion and chorizo to the bowl of diced tomatoes and queso blanco.
- In separate bowl, mix 1/8 cup oil with garlic, lime juice and black pepper. Toss ingredients in bowl and mix. Place salad on grilled corn tortilla and garnish with cilantro, sliced jalapeños and pomegranate seeds.
- Servings: 2
- Type: Lunch, Dinner
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 7 - ISSUE 2 • SPRING 2019
- Tags: Dinner, Lunch, Mexican, Salad
No video selected.