Butternut Squash "Gnocchi" in Sage Brown Butter
Cleverly deceptive, these gnocchi are gluten-free and packed with the natural vitamins of butternut squash.
- 1 lb. Butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 6 leaves of Markon First Crop Sage
- 4 cloves Ready-Set-Serve Peeled Garlic, smashed
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp. coarse salt
- 2 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup pistachios, cracked
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup Pecorino cheese, shaved
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the Butternut squash until tender; drain to cool.
- In a large skillet, cook butter until it begins to brown slightly. Add sage and garlic and let cook for one minute over low heat. After one minute, turn up the heat and add sherry vinegar; this will remove any particles stuck to the pan. Add the cooked Butternut squash and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper and mix well.
- To serve, arrange gnocchi on warmed serving plates and top with cracked pistachios and pomegranate seeds. Finish with the shaved Pecorino; serve immediately.
Recipe provided by Markon