Butternut Shooters W/Maple, Quinoa & Chevre
Chef Lou Rice | Reinhart Springfield
- 2 oz frozen, ready-to-cook butternut squash bisque
- ½ oz gourmet heavy cream
- ½ oz ancient grain quinoa
- ¼ oz plain goat cheese log, crumbled
- ½ oz dark amber grade A maple syrup
- Follow the package directions and cook the quinoa until done. Spread quinoa out on a sheet tray and place in the fridge overnight and let cool completely. Remove quinoa from the fridge and in batches, then deep fry in a 350 F deep fryer, using a fine mesh strainer. Deep fry for about 30 seconds (the quinoa will puff up), then set on paper towels to drain. Mix the butternut squash bisque in a bowl and add heavy cream and half of the maple syrup.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper as needed. Pour the soup into a 4-ounce shooter cup, leaving room at the top for the garnish. Place ½ ounce of the puffed quinoa on top of the shooter and add crumbled goat cheese. Drizzle with the remaining maple syrup and serve chilled.