Buckwheat Breakfast Power Bowl
Chef Daria Parish, Reinhart, La Crosse, Wis.
This offering consists of clean, whole foods, which can easily be executed as a plated dish or to-go item. Buckwheat is not actually a wheat as it is not grass; it’s in the same family as rhubarb and considered a complex carb, which is gluten free, thus providing much-needed energy to individuals with celiac or gluten intolerance.
- ¼ cup buckwheat, steeped in boiling water 1:2 ratio, cooled, tossed in cinnamon
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans, toasted
- ½ cup plain nonfat yogurt
- ½ stone fruit and berries
- Honey or maple syrup to taste
- In a small bowl, start with yogurt on the bottom, top with buckwheat cinnamon mix, place diced fruit in center, top with nuts, and drizzle with honey or maple syrup.
- Type: Breakfast, Entree
- Categories: Recipes, VOL 8 - ISSUE 1 • WINTER 2020
- Tags: Breakfast, Entrée