Brisket w/White Bbq Sauce N' Grits
Chef Paul Young | Reinhart Corporate
- 3 oz Grits White Quick Enriched
- 3/4 oz Corn Flame Roasted Frozen
- 1 1/2 oz Shallot Whole Peeled Fresh, Halved
- 8 oz Brisket, Boneless
- 2 oz Mayonnaise Heavy Duty
- 1/2 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Horseradish
- 1/4 tsp Sugar Beet Granulated Extra Fine
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper, Coarse
- 1 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1/4 oz Dijon Mustard Grained With Wine
- 1/8 oz Red Radish
- 1/8 oz Green Onion Scallion
- 2 Tbsp Oil Olive
- Season the brisket liberally with Cajun seasoning. Place in a smoker at 230° F for approximately 10 hours. Set aside and let cool slightly.
- Make the grits according to the directions.
- Place blended oil in a pan and over medium low heat place the halved shallots cut side down. Let caramelize slowly for 20 minutes. The cut end should be very golden brown. Remove the shallots and add the roasted com to heat. Slice the green onion thinly on a biased. Shave the radishes on a mandoline very thinly and set aside.
- For the bbq sauce: Mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, black pepper, sugar and horseradish. Stir until well combined.
- Place the grits onto a plate and add the com. Slice the brisket and place on top of the grits. Add the caramelized shallots around the brisket. Top the brisket off with the white bbq sauce and garnish with the green onion and shaved radish.
No video selected.