Breakfast Chilaquiles with Pork
- 2 pounds Good Roots® green chili peppers (roasted, peeled and seeded)
- 1 pound tomatillos (quartered, fire roasted would be ideal)
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 handful Good Roots Cilantro (stemmed, chopped)
- 1 Good Roots Jalapeno Chilies (seeded, chopped)
- 2 pounds Prairie Creek® Diced Pork ¾” (RFS# 36384)
- 3 cups pork broth (or chicken broth)
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- salt (to taste)
- 8 San Pablo® Corn Tortillas
- 4 eggs (Sunny Side, Poached or Over Easy)
- 1 small Good Roots Onion (thinly sliced)
- crema (As needed)
- 1/2 cup Cotija Cheese (grated)
- Good Roots Cilantro (As needed, stemmed)
- Good Roots Avocado (As needed)
- Run the green chilis through a food processor or blender. Measure in 1 cup of water, add the tomatillos, garlic, cilantro, and jalapeno and process to a smooth puree
- Press through a medium-mesh sieve into a bowl
- Brown the diced pork in a large Dutch oven with some oil.
- Add the Chile puree and cook until reduced to the consistency of tomato paste. Stir as needed
- Add the broth and simmer over medium-low heat for approximately 20 minutes. Season with sugar and salt. Yields approximately 2 quarts
- Turn off heat, cover with lid and let stand for 3-5 minutes (no longer).
- Wrap the tortillas in a towel and warm in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Serve with crema, thinly sliced onion, fresh cilantro, queso, avocado, refried beans, eggs and tortillas.